SUPPORT OUR CAMPAIGN
COUNCIL INTEGRITY & TRANSPARENCY - QUALITY OF LIFE - PUBLIC SAFETY & SERVICES
INTEGRITY— FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY — LEADERSHIP
Any and all donations are and will be greatly appreciated. Your support will go to furthering worthy goals and fighting for beneficial causes for the City of Huntington Beach.
Mail checks (preferred) of support to:
19081 Huntington Street,
Huntington Beach,CA 92648
I LOVE THIS CITY AND CARE FOR ITS FUTURE.
QUALITY OF LIFE
The residents and businesses of Huntington Beach deserve a high quality of life including clean beaches, safe roads, usable and inviting parks and an environment to attract beneficial businesses. Our current council majority undermined the ability of our City Attorney to fight the state's overreach and violation of our City Charter to protect local control and zoning and fight High Density Developoment. In my experience as Police Officer, Sergeant and Lieutenant in the City of Long Beach, I have seen first-hand the damage to quality of life, increased crime, traffic and parking issues when family neighborhoods are replaced with High Density Development.
- Assemblyman Jim Silva
- City Council Member Erik Peterson
- Lincoln Club
- Mari Barke (Orange County Board of Education)
- Ed Laird (Business Owner and Prominent Republican)
COUNCIL INTEGRITY & TRANSPARENCY
The residents and businesses of Huntington Beach need an open and transparent city council that works for the people and businesses of Huntington Beach, NOT Sacramento.
The current city council majority has eroded transparency with "secret" ad hoc committees and meetings to:
- Purchase a "homeless hotel" without proper open and public input.
- 5 city council votes automatically enrolled every residence and business into a so-called "green" power company (OCPA) that provides the same service as Southern California Edison but at a higher cost to rate payers.
- Joint Powers Agreements and Bonds were passed to purchase low income housing and circumventing the voters for approval.
- An unjustifiable attempt was made to acquire the Bolsa Chica Wetlands for what? perhaps more high density development???
- City owned oil pumps were turned off and reduced much needed city income.
- The council majority is seeking to dismantle the City Charter (our Constitution) as a back-door to removing or diminishing the effectiveness of our Elected City Attorney.
I will fight to return control to the citizens and businesses of Huntington Beach.
PUBLIC SAFETY & SERVICES
One of the primary responsibilities of the City Council is to ensure a safe city with solid Police and Fire Departments. Our employees need and deserve support and should feel confident that they are supported by our city council.
WHY YOUR VOTE COUNTS
VOTE NOVEMBER 8, 2022
I feel our current City Council is not representing the interests of the residents. They have given into special interests and to Sacramento's overreach on our local control. They have put a national agenda before what is best for the City, its residents and businesses. Your voice is no louder than in your vote. Speak loud and make your voice heard through your vote for Pat Burns for Huntington Beach City Council 2022.